The Alliance against Racial Profiling is a widely supported movement that battles the institutional Racism in the Swiss Police corps and the Swiss Boarder Guard as well as its structural causes. We are a movement that was built originally in 2016 in the context of the process of Mohamed Wa Baile vs. Stadtpolizei Zürich . The Alliance against Racial Profiling develops activities all over Switzerland and supports local antiracist initiatives – see our mission statement:
- Empowerment: We are growing a network of people affected by Racial Profiling and other forms of Racism in the public space. As a result of that, a number of short films have been created.
- Research: We support the ‚collaborative Research Group Racial Profiling’ and the ‚critical Jurists’ that examine Racial Profiling as a structural phenomenon from historical, social and legal points of views.
- Process observation: We are coordinating the ‚collective Racism in trial’ that observes and analyzes trials scientifically and therefore documents how Racism is processed in courts.
- Strategic legal process: We are leading and supporting legal processes with the objective of making challenges around Racial Profiling visible and to remove them.
- Support of people affected by police controls: We support people who are affected by Racial Profiling by bringing them into contact with other people suffering from police controls and by offering them legal and strategic advice.
- Public relation: We are present in the media and organize workshops and congresses in order to forward antiracist resistance with Swiss and international partners.
- Decentral networking: We support local initiatives who are bringing Racial Profiling as a topic to the table – currently in Basel, Berne, Geneva, Lausanne, Lucerne, St. Gallen und Zurich.
- Institutional interventions: We are intervening into the political discourse and police practices with opinion papers and letters and aim for preventing violations of international and Swiss laws against discrimination with these interventions from happening.